Friday night was the Miss Tiffany Universe contest, the big and joyful event in the Thai Transgender calender. Spirits were dampened, however, because of reports of toilet prejudice in the USA. Private Tye listened to the winner and the first and second runners up. They were all confused about what they have heard on Facebook about American toilets.
Miss Tiffany 1: I heard that transgenders can not use the womens toilets because they might frighten the ladies.
Miss Tiffany 2: Ladies? You mean American women like Sarah Palin?
Miss Tiffany 3: Scary gun carrying females. I'd rather use the mens, safer there.
Miss Tiffany 1: They have some transgender toilets.
Miss Tiffany 2: Can transvestites use them? I mean a six foot six muscled person with a beard, that happens to be wearing a dress that day?
Miss Tiffany 3: That sounds OK, apart from the dress.
Miss Tiffany 1: Apparently, transgenders can not “go” at all in North Carolina
Miss Tiffany 2: But who would want to go to North Carolina in the first place?
Miss Tiffany 3: Nobody.
Sex and toilets have never been a big problem in Thailand. Probably because Thais, unlike Europeans and North Americans, never developed a taste for sex in toilets. They normally have sex in bedrooms not restrooms.
A survey by Thailand's Easygown University found that 80% of females do not mind transgenders using the womens toilets, the other 20% did not know what a toilet is. However, 70% of male respondents were against transgenders using the womens toilets, saying “it is not fair”. They complained that the “mens toilets were drab boring places needing glamor” and that they had “nothing to look at when taking a wee”.
Thailand is famous for having the best looking transgenders in the world, but it is a little known fact (previously reported in Private Tye) that the country also has the happiest toilets. America take note!